Sunday, March 30, 2003

Thinking...

I've been thinking, mulling, wondering. That's what miserable rainy Sundays are best for, and God knows I have enough to think about with the events of the last week. I have about seven blogs half-written in my head, but none that I'm certain I'll post. Not because I have any sort of fear or hesitation about putting so much vulnerability out for the world to gape at, but more in an effort to spare those it might cause a moment's sadness for.

But then, what good does any of that do....? If there's anything I've learned recently, it's that you simply can't protect someone from pain, no matter how much you love them, no matter how much you want to. But still, I feel I have to try.

So, I guess we'll see how much of my current mental and emotional state I allow to dribble out into my blog like so much Olestra-induced anal leakage. But for today, I think I'll just keep with the mulling.

Tomorrow, I'm kidnapping the tall kid and taking him away. Away from everything.

Wish we could stay there. Somehow stay in the limbo of "away" and not have to revisit reality. At least, for awhile.

No comments: