Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Pieces of My Life

I am unspeakably thrilled that it is over 80 degrees AND sunny today. I've found reasons to go outside twice so far, and I've only been at work for 2 hours.

There is this park I pass often--on my way to drop Sean at the train, or to pick something up at Target. It's very green, and people are always running or rollerblading or walking their dogs. I always think to myself "I should really stop by that park...", but I have yet to do so.

The Stop & Shop not far from where I work has FAR superior produce to the Shaw's where I generally pick up groceries. I really prefer Trader Joe's or Wild Oats, but they're a bit further out. Still, I'm almost out of frozen berries, so Sean is going to have to make a TJ's run soon.

I'm going to see the Indigo Girls this Friday. I've never seen them live before.

My apartment is a shambles right now. A freaking shambles. Combining being away the past two weekends with my general laziness, I'm certain that scum is growing somewhere.

I haven't been to the gym in ages. I really need to go. I'm starting to feel like a slug.

I love the top I have on today. It's a vintage sleeveless top--bright yellow with an apple tree, a giant apple, and birds on both sides. It also zips up the back. It always attracts quite a bit of attention when I wear it. People love vintage, even though they rarely have the cahones to wear it themselves.

I'm sick to death of working till 8 pm.

I love Sean's haircut. I can't get over how great he looks. And the sideburns are almost all grown in, woo!!!

My grad school is having this alumni event this weekend. I'm not going, since I am going to see the Indigo Girls on Friday, and I'm working Saturday. I'm not sure if I would go even if I didn't have prior engagements. It would be nice to network and see fellow "classmates", but there's not exactly any love lost between me and the program director. I'm especially irked that he surveyed all graduates of the program and is now attempting to publish the results in a professional journal, without our knowledge or consent. Grrr.

I've been thinking of buying a bike, but I'm not sure where I'd put it. If it were in the basement, I would probably never bother to walk ALL the way upstairs and then ALL the way down there just to retrieve it. I don't think there's room for it upstairs. I need to be a homeowner so I can get important things--like a bike. And a doggy!!!!

I recognize that this is an inane excuse for content, but this is what you're getting. So eat it up like a good little readership, Ok?

No comments: