Thursday, January 09, 2003

Overheard in Cubicle Land

My cubi-neighbors are discussing the 15-year-old girl and 16-year-old boy who were caught engaged in oral sex (and do I REALLY need to tell you who was giving head to whom?) on the school bus while onlookers cheered.

"That's just disgusting!"

"What kind of girl would do that?"

"Do you know, they say that teenagers don't even consider oral sex 'sex' anymore?!?"

"Well, that President Clinton certainly didn't!"

"That was disgusting. An intern!"

"I blame the girl. The boy just enjoys it. He can't be blamed."

"I hope they get expelled. They expell kids for smoking!"

"Yes, they should be expelled!"

"When I was in high school, we got in trouble for cursing on the bus!"

My job is an exercise in diplomacy. I keep my mouth shut.

Well, I didn't at the "I blame the boy" part.

But the rest? Mum's the word. It's a bit difficult to educate under-educated suburbanites about the "real world" and how things really are out there. Yeah, it was a pretty moronic thing for them to do. But expulsion? That's kind of throwing out the baby with the bath water, n'cest pas? Kids like that need to be in school, more than anything else. Let's get to the bottom of the real issue--like why they thought the bus was an appropriate place, and with an audience no less.

As for the blow job itself? Hell, I don't care. I'm all about the blow jobs. Just use a condom, for heaven's sakes. And be careful not to bite when the bus lumbers over those potholes.

No comments: