Thursday, December 18, 2003

Woohoo!

I got a job!!!

Not a crappy data entry job, but a Real Grown-Up Job where me soon-to-be supervisor talked behavior change theory with me during the interview! Yay!!!

The hours are slightly less than desirable, owing to the fact that my job basically entails outreach to working people, who don't really want to hear from me at work. And unfortunately, it's with the same company and in the same godforsaken South Shore city of Quincy.

But, it's a brand-new department, a brand new program that I'll be helping to design and build. And the best part, if I may be so bold and materialistic, is the 50% hike in salary. (Which perhaps could have been more, if I hadn't blurted out what I thought was a too-large number and received an eager affirmative reply...Dammit!)

So, again, yaaay!!! I knew it was going to be a good day when the shuttle from the T to my office was waiting for me and the driver handed me chocolate.

No comments: