Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Bon Anniversaire

Hey--Happy birthday to Well-Red! I've been blogging for an entire year! Can you even believe it? Go me, go me! Of course, if you go back to that first entry, you'll see I was jabbering about class-related stuff more than my own life. What was I thinking?!? I'm far more interesting than any Web Publishing class!

So many anniversaries. One of them is mine and Boston's--I've lived here 2 years now. Wow. Sometimes I feel like I just got here, like I have no idea how to get around, where to go, what to do. But then, every now and again, a tourist asks for directions that I can give quite easily--making me feel like a local. I guess I'm a quasi-local now--I'm no longer in school, and I've got all the trappings of Boston permanence. (i.e. job w/bennies, serious relationship, black wool winter coat, favorite places, general routines...) I can even say most of the cities' and towns' names correctly. (For example, "Billerica" = "Bill-Ricka", not "Bill-air-i-cah", as one would assume.)

So, woohoo for me. Can I get a whoop-whoop?

No comments: