Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Well, I Still Have the Shirt...

The phone jangled insistently Sunday afternoon, just daring me to ignore it. I picked it up on the last ring before it clicked over to the machine.

"Hi!" Brandy, the BFSB (that's "Best Friend Since Birth) greeted. "What are you up to?"

"Well," I began, "I'm fixing dinner and Sean's watching football. Pork chops. With tomatillo and lime marinade. And rice pilaf."

Brandy laughed her hearty, infectious laugh. "Do you realize how much you've changed!?! I used to call you and ask that, and you'd say 'Oh, I was just putting on my mesh shirt and getting ready to go to this new bar...'; and now you're making dinner while your boyfriend watches football!!!"

Hmm. She's right. And although that's not necessarily a bad thing, I must say that I'm contemplating wearing the mesh shirt more.

At least, while I'm cooking dinner...

No comments: