Thursday, January 22, 2004

Snippets

Still no phone, no computer. We've gotten word that they will be arriving in February. I guess with all the new people starting around the same time, someone somewhere got confused and thought there was a duplicate order. I would like to state, for the record, that there was not a duplicate order. And now I am computer-less.

I would like to request a moment of silence to mourn a loss. Those of you who followed the now-defunct Disserto may have been familiar with The Senorita, the sassy travel bug who made it from the mainland to Hawaii and back, and then back to Hawaii yet again. Well, it seems that someone pillaged her current abode, making off with the cache's contents (including The Senorita). Her ward, the Senor, will not be consoled. But I like to imagine her proudly displayed on someone's dashboard in Hawaii; glowing brightly in the dark.

(If that made no sense to you, don't worry. It really doesn't make any sense at all.)

We're thinking of getting our cat, Tivy, a cat. He spends long days alone in the apartment, living a double life as a secret agent. Or just sitting around wishing that he were bigger so he could eat us. We're not really sure which. But, we think that he could perhaps benefit from some additional feline company. Anyone have any thoughts on the benefits and drawbacks of 2 cats v/s 1?

My parents are getting ready to go on a cruise to the West Indies. I'm bitterly envious. Belize! Cozumel! I actually had the opportunity in my undergrad years to take part in a lengthy anthropological field study in Belize. I turned it down, in part, because I would have to leave before my graduation ceremony, and I really wanted to take part in that. It ended up that the expedition ran out of money and got pushed back, and it was too late for me to rejoin. I've always regretted that I didn't do that. Damn.

The Lost Glove mentioned in a previous blog was heroically retrieved by one Sean. Thank you, honey! The scarf thanks you, too.

And now, I will return to figuring out ways to appear busy so I will not be assigned useless brainless busy work to do until my training is complete and my computer arrives. In the 13 days since I finished my stint at the last job, I've suddenly become too good for useless brainless busy work.

No comments: