Tuesday, February 24, 2004

FQA

(That's Frequently Questioned Answers)


No, I did not ask for an iPod mini for Valentine's Day. I've never asked for anything like that, really. Sean just wanted to get me one so we'd match or something cute like that.

I certainly didn't demand one.

No, my car is not brand-spankin' new. I couldn't have afforded a new one. Well, I COULD have, but it would have been a considerably higher cash outlay. But it's new to ME!

My car's name is Gustav because Sean's car's name is Gunther. So we have Gunther and Gustav. Isn't that cute?

I paid the down payment. With cash from my savings account. Yes, I have a savings account. Most grown-ups do.

I didn't really want to buy a car. I had to because my hours changed when I got the new job, and public transit just wouldn't work out for me anymore. I kind of miss the "T", really.

My hair is red in spirit. It's currently more blond than red in real life. This is because I haven't felt like paying the cash it takes to keep it red. But really, humor me and call it red.

My boyfriend makes a lot more money than I do. Like, almost twice as much. This is because I am in disease management and he is in IT. As a society, we value machines more than people. It also doesn't hurt that he has been in his industry for 10 years and is utterly brilliant. I have been in mine for 1/10th of that. So I'm not concerned. Are you?

I have never asked anyone, excluding my parents of course, for money. The last time I asked my parents for money was 2 years ago, when I couldn't find a job and had no money for food. I paid them back the $100 they lent me a few months later.

I really, really like my job. I mean, I still grumble and hit the snooze button in the morning, but once I get there I'm pretty darn content.

I do tire of the looooong days it requires.

I miss my friends. Even the ones who live near me. We're all so busy with our lives, we hardly ever get to see each other.

I miss my family. I only see them once or twice a year. But that's still pretty good--I have relatives in Colorado who only make it out to Maryland once every few years.

I would love to buy a house. But I can't right now, for quite a few different reasons. So I'm a renter.

I would love to have a dog. But I can't right now, mostly because I don't own a house. So I love my kitties instead.

I still haven't decided if I want to have kids or not. Or, I should say, we haven't decided if we want to have kids or not. Because that's kind of a "we" thing, n'cest pas?

Most things in life are "we" things when you are in a serious relationship, I would think.

I've never had a professional manicure or pedicure. I hear I'm missing out.

I'm liberal. Very, very liberal.

A woodchuck would chuck all the wood it could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

And lastly...I live with him because I love him. Because he's my best friend, my very favorite person in the world. Because I wouldn't want to wake up and not have him there, flailing around to make the alarm stop. Because we are planning a life together. And because he wanted to, and I wanted to. And really, that's reason enough.

If there's anything else I can answer for anyone, please don't hesitate to ask.






No comments: