Thursday, March 25, 2004

Young Girl, One Day You Will Be Old

Gustav the purple beetlebugcar has one drawback: as of yet, he has no CD player. The dealership is supposed to scam a 6-CD-changer off of the next used car they come across that has one (and yes, we have something in writing that says as much!), but so far, I have to make do with whatever crap Boston radio slings at me.

That is, until I remembered that I had a few cassette tapes somewhere that I could pop in whenever I got tired of hearing Hey Ya and that freaking Sheryl Crow song on EVERY. SINGLE. STATION.

I had to dig them out of the depths of the office/spare bedroom/crap repository first. I mean, we don't even have any sort of tape deck in the house. I didn't have too much hope for the quality of the music I found, though. Come on. I haven't bought a freaking CASSETTE tape since, like, junior year of high school. That's what, 12 years ago? More?

When I dug them out, I was pleasantly surprised. No crap to be found! No crap whatsoever! I was greeted by tapes from The Smiths, Morrissey, The Pixies, The Cure, Primus, Mother Love Bone, R.E.M. Yaaay!

This confirms what I already suspected. I was, clearly, the coolest high school student ever.

No comments: