Monday, January 03, 2005

She Cooks!

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do.

The main reason for my posting today is that Kale is Coming. I just checked out my Boston Organics weekly box, and the box next to kale had an asterisk.

I fucking hate kale.

It's the same thing every time the box arrives. Whether it be chard, or collards, or kale--the same thing happens. I say to myself "Self, this week is going to be different! This week I am going to make a delicious chard/collard/kale dish!"

Two weeks later, Sean is pulling the rotted remains of untouched, forgotten, and woebegone chard/collards/kale out of the crisper, making an "eww" face, and looking at me like I'm something the cat just vomited onto the floor.

(I'm not, by the way. Please do not confuse me with thread, plastic Christmas tree needles, or cat hair. I am none of these things.)

So this week, I vow, things will be Really, Really Different. For serious this time. Really.

I have decided that I am going to make some semblance of kale soup. Either this one or this one. With some tweaking either way, of course. Recipes never call for enough garlic or seasoning. Stupidheads.

I'll have to let you know how it turns out.

Well-Red, now with recipes!

No comments: