Sunday, September 22, 2002

Good point on the different versions of Adobe software, Amanda, though I just downloaded and installed Reader and the ebook still didn't have "pages" to turn. So, it appears that we not only have to consider which software is best but we must also be sure that we're downloading a high-quality ebook to use within the software. My problem is I didn't want to pay for anything, so I tried finding free ebooks...and the free ebooks I've found really seem to suck--for example, the one I downloaded for Adobe was one of my favorite books and the translation for it was abysmal. It really seemed like they paid a smart high-schooler to translate it. So, the lesson I guess is that even with ebooks, you need some sort of financial support behind it to make sure the quality is up to the readers' expectations.

No comments: